Waste metal/dross collection
Temple4 provides a full solder dross collection and recycling service which is free of charge to our customers, and we will credit our customers back for recovered metals from the solder dross *the payment of recovered metals is based on current LME metals prices at the time of recycling and recovery*
Licenses for waste collection and storage
Temple4 hold all necessary licences to store solder dross and solder waste at our premises for collection by our supplier for the recovery of metals and the proper disposal of waste. Please see the waste storage licence PDF and waste carriers licence PDF at the foot of this page. Temple4 use an independent and fully licensed haulier company for the transportation of dross and waste.
Procedure for the supply of dross buckets and the collection of your solder dross
- Please contact the main Temple4 office via the email or phone number below to organise for your free of charge dross bins to be sent to you.
- Please either use the form on this page to organise for the collection of your dross or call the main office using the phone number or email address below
- Package all dross in the supplied dross buckets and attach the lid, please do not overfill the buckets and ensure that the lids can be safely fitted to the bucket, please follow the guidelines on dross bucket label.
- Please ensure the dross bucket is suitably labelled with the type of dross and metals within. (Please note that we cannot accept your dross for recovery if it has not been correctly labelled and identified)
- Load the full dross buckets onto a suitable pallet and secure and wrap ready for collection by our licensed collection haulier. Clearly mark the pallet with our return address ready for collection.
- Temple4 will also take back waste solder paste, but this has to be put into separate dross bins to the normal dross and emptied from the original solder paste pots or cartridges.
Once your dross is ready for collection as per our guidelines, a member of our staff will contact you to organise the collection of the dross. It is a legal obligation to ensure that a duty of care waste transfer note is issued and completed for the collection of all waste solder dross from the customer. Temple4 will fill in the waste transfer note which comprises of four copies for signing by the customer, the white and green copies are kept by the customer, and Temple4 retain the yellow copy and the waste collection haulier retains the yellow copy.
Assistance and questions
Please do contact us on 01730 888499 or [email protected] if you require any assistance or need help with the collection of your dross and solder waste, we are here to help.